VALVE COVER GASKET – “ULTIMATE” SILICONE
CHEVROLET or GM DIESEL ENGINE
|“ULTIMATE” SILICONE IS FIBERGLASS REINFORCED SILICONE|
This may be the last gasket you will ever need to buy!
– There is a layer of fiberglass centered between 2 layers of silicone that gives the
material dimensional stability and higher tensile strength.
– Therefore, this material is resistant to deterioration by weathering or engine oil
and remains flexible over the temperature range noted.
– The gaskets are made from aerospace mechanical grade silicone and will not break down
and deform or crack up like cork or neoprene and leak.
– In addition, it will withstand operating temperatures from -100 to 500 degrees F.
– Above all, it is a reusable gasket.
FITS: Chevy-GM Diesel engines
6.2 / 6.5
1982 – 2002
Part number: RG-50228FR
OEM: FELPRO VS 50228C
Set of 2 gaskets.
Gaskets are 1/8″ thick.
Wash the cover and cylinder head surfaces with solvent.
Remove all traces of oil.
The gasket must be installed DRY (USE NO OIL OR LUBE OF ANY TYPE).
Torque to 45-50 INCH POUNDS
Do not over tighten!
The gaskets will bulge or “pooch” out if over tightened.
* * *
TO REUSE GASKET:
Wash briefly in hot soapy water.
Rinse well and dry thoroughly.
RE-INSTALL following the above instructions.
DO NOT WASH or SOAK THE GASKET IN SOLVENT OR GASOLINE.
PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA.