VALVE COVER GASKET – SILICONE
– R SERIES (includes R100)
– Boxer Twins
– Our silicone rubber gaskets are made from aerospace mechanical
grade AMS silicone and designed to withstand temperatures
up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
– Therefore, they will not break down and deform or crack up
like cork or neoprene.
– Our gaskets seal uneven and warped surfaces
and eliminate corrosion.
– Gaskets are 100% reusable.
Fits: BMW “R” Series Motorcycles
– (Except R69, R69S)
- 1960 – 1996 R45, R50/2, R50/5; R60/2, R60/5, R60/6, R60/7;
R65, R65LS; R75/5, R75/6, R75/7;
R80/7, R80G/S, R80RT, R80R, R80ST; R90S, R90/6
- 1976 – 1996 R100RS, R100S, R100/7, R100T, R100RT,
Part # : RG-11121338426
OEM part #: 11-12-1-338-426-BOE, 11-12-1-338-426-BOE, 11121338426
Set of two (2) silicone gaskets
Silicone gasket is 1/16″ thick.
Wash the cover and cylinder with solvent.
Remove all traces of oil.
The surfaces must be DRY (NO oil or lube of any type).
Install gasket dry.
At both ends – torque 15 inch pounds
Center bolt – torque 15 – 18 inch pounds
DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN!
Over tightening makes the gasket squeeze out.
If the gasket bulges or “pooches” out, then back off on the torque a bit.
IF you are concerned about vibration then use Loctite on the bolts.
To Reuse Gasket:
Wash the gasket in hot soapy water.
Rinse well and dry all surfaces thoroughly.
Re-install using the above installation instructions.
This gasket set is also available in black silicone.
It is listed under part # RG-11121338426B
Proudly made in the USA.