Suzuki Rocker Cover Gasket – Silicone
Suzuki Motorcycle – GS750, GS1000, GS1100
Also called a Cylinder Head Cover Gasket
– Our silicone rubber gaskets are made from aerospace mechanical
grade AMS silicone and designed to withstand temperatures
up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
– Therefore, they will not break down and deform or crack up
like cork or neoprene.
– Our gaskets seal uneven and warped surfaces,
and eliminate corrosion.
– Gaskets are 100% reusable.
FITS: SUZUKI – GS750, GS1000, GS1100
- 1980-1981 Suzuki 750 E,L (16 bolt hole)
- 1980-1984 Suzuki 16 valve GS750, 1100 E, L, LT
- 1980-1985 Katana 750, 1000, 1100
Part #: RG-11173-49207
OEM# 11173-49201, 49202, 49203, 49204, 49205, 49206, 49207-H17
One silicone gasket – 1/16″ thick.
16-bolt hole gasket fits to 20-hole rocker cover.
Pattern of this gasket is similar to Suzuki gasket RG-11173-49224 but
the outer bolt holes line up differently.
COUNT THE BOLT HOLES IN YOUR CURRENT GASKET and match to our picture:
– IF YOU HAVE 16 BOLT HOLES – ORDER PART # RG-11173-49207
– IF YOU HAVE 20 BOLT HOLES – ORDER PART # RG-11173-49224
(Silicone valve cover gaskets for the above models are not
to be used if the Suzuki motorcycle has a tach drive in
the valve cover. It could cause a clearance issue. FYI. )
- Wash the cover and cylinder head surfaces with solvent.
- Remove all traces of oil.
- The gasket must be installed DRY – do not use oil or lube of any type
- TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS:
Torque to 15 inch pounds.
DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN!
Over tightening causes the gasket to bulge out or squeeze out.
If the gasket starts to bulge or “pooch” out than back off on the torque.
It is okay to use Loctite on the bolts.
TO REUSE GASKET:
- Wash the gasket briefly in hot soapy water.
- Rinse gasket well and dry thoroughly.
- Re-install gasket using the above installation instructions.
PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA.