VALVE COVER GASKETS
– “ULTIMATE” Silicone
Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth or
MOPAR BIG BLOCK V8
IS FIBERGLASS REINFORCED SILICONE.
This may be the last gasket you will ever need to buy!
– Basically, the gaskets have a layer of fiberglass that is centered
between 2 layers of silicone which allows the material to
maintains its original dimensions when subjected to changes in
temperature and humidity.
As a result, it gives the material dimensional stability and
has a higher tensile strength.
This is the absolute most stress that a material can resist while
being pulled or stretched.
– Not only is the material resistant to deterioration by weathering
and engine oil but also withstands temperatures and remains
flexible over the temperature range of -100 to 500 degrees
– Additionally, the gaskets are made from aerospace mechanical
grade silicone and will not break down and deform or crack up
like cork or neoprene.
Consequently, this is one tough gasket.
– Finally, this is a reusable gasket.
Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth
Big Block V8
361, 383, 400, 413, 440 CID, and 426 Street Wedge.
1963 – 1994
Part #: RG-50145FR
Old part #: MVC-2FR
Corresponding part #’s: FelPro SFL VS 50145 R, SFL 1612,
Moroso 93055, Mr Gasket #378
Set of 2 “ULTIMATE” silicone gaskets
Gaskets have 6 bolt holes.
Thickness of gasket: 1/8″ thick.
- Wash the cover and cylinder head surfaces with solvent.
- Remove all traces of oil.
- The gaskets must be installed DRY (NO OIL OR LUBE OF ANY TYPE).
- TORQUE TO 45-50 INCH POUNDS
DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN!
Over tightening makes the gasket bulge out or squeeze out.
If that happens then back off on the torque.
TO RE-USE GASKET:
- Wash gaskets briefly in hot water and soap.
- Rinse off gaskets and dry thoroughly.
- Make sure all oil is removed.
- Re-install using the above installation instructions.
DO NOT SOAK IN SOLVENT OR GASOLINE.
PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA.